Women tend to have a unique set of challenges when it comes to long term financial planning and retirement.
- Balancing work place and family life responsibilities can be exceptionally difficult.
- Longer life expectancy with women can increase health care costs.
- A sense of risk aversion toward investing can limit gains.
- Wage discrepancies can hinder lifetime earning potential.
- Career disruptions due to family planning can impede professional growth.
As you can see, the stakes are generally higher for women. These are obstacles that need to be overcome, but it's never too late to start planning by asking questions and trying to learn more. Finally, if it is important to discuss all of these challenges from a women's perspective, feel free to reach out to me directly.
Take a few minutes to watch the video below: